Sunday, December 04, 2005

Blessed


Sometimes I feel a little bit like Scarlet Ohara. A favored child, spoiled by her parents, irish and shallow. I hope this isn't really the case. As I have been working with the girls at the Elizabeth House I realize so many girls and guys just never got a break in life and were given so little. No families, plenty of foster abuse, a boy friend that has high tailed it, and a little one to raise without money and little chance to break the cycle. Living day to day by the food bank and shelters. No dreams, no weddings, no family gatherings, no barb-q-ues or hot tubs, no winter jackets, no scarves or mits and no friends, and no boy to hold their hand...
It makes me wonder why I have been so blessed, and feel a little sick too. I really think God wants me to use what he has given me. I hope a bit of me is like Melanie Wilkes and less like Scarlet. I hope God will use me today.