Saturday, January 28, 2006

ashley assertive


So as I was shelving books at cp, I started talking to this new guy Sean, asking him how he likes CP and if he is figuring stuff out. (He started two weeks ago) We carry on our converstation and he comments that he is glad we make more than mcdonalds. I laugh and say no, no we don't. We make mininum wage... 7 big ones per hour. He then assures me that I am wrong since he makes $7.50 per hour. I dismiss the idea and think he must be wrong, he's only been here two weeks. Later I talked to a couple other new people. Same thing, 7.50. I started over a year ago and I make 7.00!!!! NO raises, reviews, or anything, just bare minimum wage...
So suffice it to say my frustration got the most of me and I confronted my boss. Saying it wasn't fair, saying I am worth more than 7 per hour and gently demanding a raise. SUccess!!! Still not making tons but I feel a little better standing up for myself with this job. My other group home job (preg centre) I am making 1400 a month to work 2 weekends! So things are good and I feel a little better about cp, just angry that my boss was trying to pull one over on me. There is a reason I want to be a homemaker...
ash