Tuesday, January 31, 2006

calgary hospitals


so I know Taber has its down sides. The whole town smelling like beets, four way stop on every corner, cops that give you tickets just for reving your engine and only one nice sit down resturaunt and the food isn't great. But what we do have... well for the most part is a good hospital. I'm not sure I want to have a baby in calgary. I've been in the labor ward and have watched countless different nurses "attend" to our girls and send them home in labor, only to have them ambulanced back to the hospital when a bed in available. Tonight I was at two different hospitals with different babies with serious sickness. At one hospital there wasn't even enough sitting room for us to sit down in the waiting room forcing us to stand for hours. THen at the children's hospital emergency room (higher end nice hospital) we stood in a long line with countless other children and parents all the way to door, kids puking everywhere. No seats, just babies crying and puking. I thought I was in some third world country. Hours till the kids were checked out. It would have made more sense if gas wasn't an issue to drive to Taber or some other small town and get checked out and then come home. I know this rant isn't very positive its just been a long night. I'm sleeping at Elizabeth House tonight and just waiting for someone to knock at my door to send me on another trip to witness our fabulous health care system at work.